Saturday, November 26, 2005

Den moschatum

Den moscahtum has just flowered - but it only lasted a week and I was so busy I only had time to take a couple of photos. This photo shows it is an egg yolk yellow, similar to Den fibriatum or lindleyi. It is a species and comes from the warm parts of the Himalayas, northwest India, Thailand and Laos. It is sort of pendulous and does it's own thing so is hard to photograph. The lip is sort of like a cup, similar to a slipper and covered with fine hairs! Exquisite - like all yellow Dens! I love them all, the eggier the better.
This one was given to me by Vic from the Pine Rivers Orchid club back in 97. I've repotted it a couple of times since then. It has been flowering every spring for me. The cans are quite huge now and getting unmanageable, I'm not sure how to repot it now. It likes to be hung up - rather than sitting on a bench.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home