Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Brassia Rex - Wow!

I hadn't been out to shadehouse for a few days due to the rain. Also it's dark when I get home from being a corporate slave all day. Yesterday I got away early - look what was there to surprise me! I didn't even know it had a spike. It's Brassia Rex 'Sukutu'.
I bought it from Aranbeem Nursery in 1998 as a very small plant. It has a huge flower, very spider like. Brassia Rex is a primary hybrid between species Brs. verrucosa and Brs. gireoudiana. These species come from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and some of the Caribbean Islands. I guess Brisbane has a similar climate to some of these places. This orchid is my kind of plant because it grows so easily without any care at all except for some liquid fertiliser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home