Monday, October 10, 2005

Yellow flowers



This is Den jenkinsii. I bought it from an old bloke called Gordon Rath in June 1999. At least that's what my list says. I thnik we went to his house one Saturday afternoon as new members of the orchid club and he had a few for sale on slabs of tree fern. Well, I have not moved it from it's host and finally, over the last 2-3 years, it has rewarded me with the most amazing buttercup yellow flowers. It's a species and looks a lot like Den crysotoxum to me. I had one of those too but it died.

Den jenkinsii is in flower right now, in the middle of Brisbane's spring drought. Last spring I didn't get any flowers, they were all chewed off. Thsi year there is not an many insects around due to the drought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home