Monday, October 17, 2005

It's raining!



It's raining! And has been raining for a few days! Just in time really because the lawn was a brown crackly dying thing....and I was starting to think I might loose some tree ferns.

Brisbane' s drought has not broken yet or course. We need a lot more rain this spring before we are out of trouble.

This is Ascda Suksamran Sunlight, another one from Brighton Orchid Nursery. It's a beauty and flowers a couple of times a year. Brisbane is most suited to Ascacendas I reckon. But due to the dry conditions I haven't noticed much new growth this spring. Hopefully those root tips will start growing with their little green shoots NOW it has rained.

I don't have any daylight time to go out tot he shadehouse when I get home from work.

But I'm looking forward to seeing signs of spring growth on Saturday morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home